Tuesday 21 September 2010

I was 21 years when I wrote this post.


I turned 21 today. Christ.

Recording is finished.





I think it's a pretty good one. It's been a long and hard process fitting in recording around full time work, nights out and people's holidays, but in the end, after a couple of sleepless nights for me, we got it done. The EP will be released before Christmas, but not a long time before.

It might sound stupid, but a lot of sacrifice goes into making anything like this, and I want to wholeheartedly thank Sam for being his usual stoic self, and thank everyone who came and played on the record. Thank you Tom, Ed, Ollie, Helen and Conrad.

I can't wait to get this record out there, but in the meantime I will still be playing shows and writing. I have plans to maybe record another EP of acoustic songs before Christmas. Turning 21 has made me feel, even more than I already felt, that time is short, and there's work to be done.

I'm playing a gig at the Horn this evening, the 21st, which seems like an appropriate day this year. Hopefully it will be the first gig of the rest of my life, if you know what I mean.

See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment