Thursday 26 August 2010

Recording Summer #4


So anyway, there I am in the guitar shop this morning, when I turn round and see this:


That's right folks, it's a gold-plated Les Paul with silver and mother-of-pearl flames on the fretboard that used to belong to Justin Hawkins out of the Darkness. It was £10,000. Did I buy it? Of course I did! I need something to carry around in my Maserati!

In other news, we got a lot of recording done today. I was at Sam's last night too, laying down some bass with Ollie Bissill, and then I went back today with my new amp (a Fender Deville, which cost a lot of money, but I don't care about money! Ha ha! When I have a shower I dry myself with £50's!). It was pretty good to stretch its legs a bit, even if 60 watts of tube power means it rarely needs to go above 3 on the volume gauge.

On a related note, have you ever seen Spinal Tap? You know that bit where he says "my amp goes up to 11"? Well, my amp goes up to 12!!!


The future is here!

Anyway, it looked pretty good:


And we got the tubes glowing nice and red:


Couple more sessions and we should be done. We've laid down about half the guitars now. There's still a way to go. After that, the orchestration will begin! Stay tuned. This is gonna get done in the next 3 weeks!

Also, pictures from the Mermaid, and a video of an acoustic gig at my house, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment